A Case of the CoronaVirus Blues

I was just reading through some of the reactions, on Facebook, to the question I posed about live-streaming Orthodox services. I am not trying to be provocative. I am genuinely trying to struggle my way through that issue to try to figure out what about it strikes me as so wrong.

I think, in the end, what we are really suffering from is a case of the ol' CoronaVirus Blues. We are lonely. We are used to interacting with people, being out in the world, and being connected, and quite suddenly, and quite against our will, we are isolated an quarantined off. That is tough.

Of course, with the internet at our fingertips, we can easily entertain our way through this, and though we know that is not generally a great idea, it is probably the first reaction of most of us: watch a show, two movies instead of one, gaming as long as I want because there is no school tomorrow, or even endless reading of CoronaVirus news.

I know, I should pray more. This is a great opportunity to pick up my prayer book, turn to my icons, and meet with God...but it does not seem to turn out that way. I fill my newly-found free time with just about anything else.

I am going to do it...right now. I am going to finish this blog post, with more than just an incomplete sentence, and do something about being alone. I am going to pray.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When Miriam Speaks against Moses

What to Do in Place of Liturgy

One Concept for Paul and Two Words in English